The Nestoil Towers is probably one of the most notable commercial developments recently completed on Victoria island, Lagos. We had a chance to visit it during the Open House Lagos event in May and can attest to the fact that it’s design, form and unique aesthetic are deserving of the terms that some have used to describe it, such as “Iconic” and “Innovative”. Designed by Lagos based architectural firm, ACCL, Its one of the first buildings to be LEED certified in Nigeria and sits at the intersection of Akin Adesola and Saka Tinubu streets on Victoria Island, Lagos.
As the architects describe it,
The Nestoil Towers is a fifteen storey mixed-use development consisting of 7,500 m² of office space, 3,50m² residential space, a multi-storey parking facility as well as a recreational facility.
The building form was created using gentle curved surfaces of high performance glass with horizontal tubular details which accentuate the sweeping effect of the curved façade.
The arced curtain walls are further defined by a surround of solid white metal panels to complete the contemporary composition of this building.
This promotional video courtesy, Fine and Country, looks at the peculiarities of the Nestoil Towers and why it may be the most iconic office building on the Island.
- Raised Floor for underground cabling, and flexible configuration of office spaces.
- Double Glazed Curtain Wall Systems to minimize solar heat gains;
- Plug And Play Internet Facility;
- Borehole and Water Treatments;
- Dedicated Transformer with 2 units of 1.3mVA and 1unit of 910kVA Generating Sets;
- Total of 4,110 Square Meters of Premium leasable Office Areas available;
- 10 premium residential apartments
- Flexible floor plate from 231m2 to 810m2
- Kitchenettes and storage rooms available per floor
- 8 restrooms per floor (including disabled toilets).
- 4 passenger lifts/Elevators.
- Car Parking Facilities for over 225 cars on 18 split levels;
- Restaurant/Café/Coffee Room, etc.
IMAGES AND DETAILS COURTESY FINE AND COUNTRY.