Using Prefabricated Pre-finished Volumetric Construction (ppvc technology), Australian construction company, Hickory assembled the Schaller Studio in just 6 days. The development is a boutique hotel in the heart of Bendigo, Victoria which features 128 rooms on 4 levels, all of which were manufactured in Hickory’s Melbourne factory and transported via road to the site for installation. View the video below.
Here are some of the highlights of the project:
- Metropolitan in design and quality, and easily transportable, Hickory’s prefabricated UB System enables fast, efficient implementation of boutique regional projects.
- Using one 200 tonne mobile crane, Hickory’s project team together with a crew of local tradespeople erected all 66 modules in just 6 days during January 2014.
- Hickory also performed base building works, including the subcontracted demolition of an existing hospital wing, followed by construction of the in-situ lobby and bar area.
- Extensive preliminary design and documentation of the hotel rooms and module layouts was completed by Noel Robinson Architects, a leading design firm with extensive experience in optimizing multi-unit design for modular construction techniques.
- Andrew Walter architects further rationalized existing floor plans and highlighted the modern grey façade with feature art balconies in vivid hues of green.