ABOUT THE EVENT
The popular Architectural Open Studios is back for the 5th year as part of the Open Design Festival.
Join architects across the city as they open their doors to the public, giving unique behind-the-scenes access to their workplaces for one night only.
It’s an opportunity to see how architects work, experience the diverse spaces they work in, and talk to them about their projects and design process.
- Date: Tuesday 22, August 2017
- Time: 17:00 – 20:00
- Venue: City of Cape Town
- Event Host: The Cape Institute for Architecture
- Admission: FREE
- Contact: Jacqui Barhouch, Jacqui@dhk.co.za
Below are the details of the participating Architectural Studios.
- DHK, 6th floor, De Waterkant Centre, 9 Somerset Rd, Cape Town
- Fabian + Make, 8th Floor, Protea North Wharf Hotel, No.1 Lower Bree Street, Foreshore, Cape Town
- MWP, 16 Bree Street, Cape Town
- The Architect Gallery, Affordable Housing Expo, Cape Institute for Architecture, 71 Hout Street, Cape Town
- GAPP, 150 Longmarket Street, Cape Town
- KMH, 116 Loop Street, Cape Town
- VDMMA, 163 Bree Street, Cape Town
- Team Architects, 218 Buitengracht, 2nd floor, Street, Cape Town
- Metropolis Design, 501 Buitenkloof Studios, 8 Kloof Street, Cape Town
- SAOTA + ARRCC + OKHA, 109 Hatfield Street, Cape Town
- Design Space Africa, 4th floor, 79 Roeland Street, Cape Town
- Studiomas, 5 Constitution Street, Cape Town
ABOUT THE OPEN DESIGN FESTIVAL
Open Design Festival is a 12-day city-wide festival. It is one of the most dynamic and diverse design-focused festivals on the Cape Town calendar. The festival is an interactive platform that attracts participants from across diverse demographics and communities. Most of the Open Design events are free to enter, ensuring that people from all walks of life can participate, taking design innovation to the people.
The Cape Institute for Architecture was formed in 1899, and is the largest regional architecture body in South Africa. The Institute’s core objectives are to promote the practice of architecture, to serve the interests of its members, and to support the integrity of the profession through maintaining its code of conduct and professional competence as established by the national bodies: The South African Institute of Architects(SAIA) and the South African Council for the Architectural