Contemporist have put together an impressive compilation of inspiring walkways and paths highlighting how they can be used to connect parts of your compound or divide them to create separate, functional areas.
We picked 10 of our favourites from their original article to share and give you ideas on how you can add this creative element to the landscape design of your home or project.
Take a look.
1. Square pavers arranged geometrically in the backyard of this home create a distinctive walkway through and around the yard.
2. A short walkway, made from stained wood strips, connect two different parts of the yard in a modern, contemporary way.
3. The walkway in the yard of this home is made up of thin panels of light wood that guide you throughout the yard.
4. Elevated concrete strips lead through the backyard of this seaside home out to the beach, protecting the sand and vegetation beneath it.
5. Two strips of concrete pavers lead up to the back of this home and help to define the various sections of the yard.
6. A paved walkway runs along the side of the yard, leading from the front to the back of the yard, keeping it open and free for playing and entertaining.
7. A walkway made from wood leads straight through the home and into the backyard of this family home creating continuity between inside and out.
8. An elevated wood walkway leads through the yard of this home, connecting various parts of the home together without impacting the landscape.
9. The wood pathway through this yard is surrounded by ivy covered arches and is lit up by overhead lights that keep the path safe, even at night.
10. Concrete pavers make up the pathway around the back of the house, connecting the various spaces and creating a modern landscaping detail.