Conceptualize and design an affordable, eco-friendly, efficient and purpose-built residential community in Lagos, Nigeria that seeks to create a utopian living experience for its residents.
The Lagos Home Design Competition 2019 is an Ideas Competition seeking clarification for concretizing policy decisions on affordable housing; and the use of design exploration and themes to provide insights/ awareness to address the current housing deficit in Nigeria especially in Lagos State.
This Competition which is endorsed by the Nigerian Institute of Architects (Lagos State Chapter), is open to both students of accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions and eligible practicing professionals.
- Launch date of competition and commencement of application: April 8, 2019
- Deadline for submission of competition design entries:April 28, 2019
- Shortlisting of design entries by local NIA Lagos Chapter judges to 10 finalists for both student and professional categories: April 29 – May 2, 2019
- Announcement of shortlisted finalists: May 3, 2019
- Exhibition of shortlisted designs and Jury Visit: May 8 – 10, 2019
- Jury sessions and dates for Jury deliberations: May 8 – 9, 2019
- Award announcement & Finale: May 10, 2019
To participate, simply register, download brief. Once, you are confirmed, upload your concepts on or before the 28th April 2019. You can learn more about the competition, by checking out the terms and conditions before you get started.